Saturday, September 29, 2012

The hills are alive ~ Salzburg, Austria - Day 2

Only 2 days?! Not enough!

Salzburg is so very greeeeen... (me love). Every time you turn around, it looks like a scene from a postcard. I made it a mission to check out as many sound of music filming location as I can and poor Calvin had to bear with me. On our way to the Mirabell gardens where they filmed the 'Do, Re, Mi' song, we stumbled upon their farmers' market. How fun! Walked around, trying to use my few pitiful german words to ask about taste, price, etc, we ended up with our lunch to-go (some meat here, more meat there, a chicken leg with a dumpling to complete the meal - we also tried apple-carrot juice with a touch of olive oil *I swear I didn't know they added the olive oil until Calvin pointed it out afterwards*).

lunch!

no longer sixteen

Untersburg view



Went to Schloss Hellbrunn to look for the gazebo where they filmed the 'I am sixteen..', visited their trick-fountain garden while out there. Bumped into few sound of music fans as well. Everyone sang the song while they snap a pix or two for memories. We ended up going to Unterberg (cable car ride to the top of the mountain) for some amazing views of the surrounding - stunning (not if you are afraid of heights, the cable car ride made my knees weak). Spent more time that we expected, we had a beer on the top of the mountain =) But its okay since we were not in a hurry. Managed to find the house where the Von Trapp mansion was portrayed in the movie (not the real Von Trapp home) it's also by the wall where Julie Andrews sang 'I have confidence' and also the convent where Maria (in the movie) attended.
I asked Calvin: where is Borneo?

outside the Convent
We better leave before I root myself there! Left my heart in Salzburg =(

No comments:

Post a Comment