Friday, May 25, 2012

Aloha~

It's been a long time since I last updated the blog. Been extremely busy trying to finish a lot of work in time for the NAI international conference in Kona, Hawaii. Joined by Mike (who's also attending the conference), Kay and of course my better half (it's been what, 2 years since we last saw each other?), that trip was something I'll remember for a long long long time.

I tried to take as many photos as I can  there but between the conference and trying to grade papers, and of course, all that Kona coffee, a lot of photos turned out to be extremely shakey even with the help of the tripod. My canon remote control came just in time before my trip so I was testing that out for a lot of landscapes and portraits shots.
Arriving @ Kona International Airport! 5 hours in flight, I was counting down the minutes

This is on the site of a cafe in the big island. I love the lighting and of course after coffee, everything looks prettier.

I love the hidden turtle. If you ever been to Kona and look close enough on the small details here and there, you might spot a turtle or two in their designs.

A visit by these two guys are a great touch before heading home the next day.

During our day off, we took a trip to South Point, the southernmost point of the US of A.

The NAI international conference was held in the Sheraton - Keauhou bay, Kona, HI, and it is situated right next to a small harbor, and this shot was taken during one of our morning walks.
Kona, Kona. How can you not love Hawaii? People are warm and friendly, sea breeze plentiful and no matter where you are on the island (driving up the mountains, etc), you turn your head around and you can still catch a glimpse of the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment